Participating Team Rules and Regulations
All participating teams will be required to sign the below participant agreement:
I have read the Participant Information and agree to the rules and guidelines The Arc Gateway Foundation and Seville Quarter have outlined. I am aware one team consists of a total of three team
members, including the chef/team captain. I agree to prepare three standard size crab cakes for the blind judging and 300 quarter size crab cakes for the people’s choice judging. Violation of any
rules or regulations may disqualify me.
Rules and Regulations:
- HAVE FUN!
- Only 3 individuals allowed per team (includes chef/team captain). All others must purchase a ticket ($60/ticket. Call 850-438-2638 to inquire).
- Outside alcohol, beer, wine or any other alcoholic beverages are not allowed in Seville Quarter, or in any cooking areas.
- No smoking in food preparation areas.
- Teams must bring their own mini-cooker, cooking utensils, pots, ladels, knives, cutting boards, etc.
- All People’s Choice and Blind Judging Winners are final.
Contact Grier at 850-434-2638 x1105 or visit www.arc-gateway.org for more information.
- Teams may begin arriving at Seville Quarter to set up at 3:30 p.m. Tables will be assigned. The earlier you register the better your spot!
- When you arrive, check in to receive wristbands. Each chef/team captain and up to two team members will be allowed complimentary admission. (All others must purchase a ticket- $60/ticket. Call
850-434-2638 to inquire.)
- When teams check in, they will be given an approximate time to present the three crab cakes and sauce for the blind judging.
- At 5:30 p.m., tasting begins for sponsors and VIP guests and at 6 p.m., doors open for general admission.
- Recognition of all participants and announcements of winners will be at approximately 8:00 p.m.
What to (and not to) bring:
- A mini-chef cooker will NOT be provided for each team. Teams must bring their own propane power mini-cookers. For safety and compliance reasons, electric cooking devices are not permitted.
- Seville Quarter will provide plates and forks for each cooking station.
- Teams must bring all their own cooking utensils, pots, ladles, knives, cutting boards, etc.
- Sanitation buckets will be provided by Seville Quarter.
- Teams may use the kitchen near the Palace Oyster Bar for cleaning cookware.
- Each team must prepare three full sized crab cakes for the blind judges and 300 quarter-sized crab cakes for the public tasting.
- Rule violations may result in disqualification*.
- Crab meat may be purchased at wholesale cost from Maria’s Seafood if you mention the event.
The Arc Gateway Foundation: CH 13805.
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Florida Division of Consumer Services by calling (800) 435-7352 within the state or by visiting
www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state.