How can you support the The Arc Gateway
Personal and community support are vital to the future of The Arc Gateway. Your gift will ensure that quality services are available for children and adults with developmental disabilities – now
and in the future.
The Arc Gateway Foundation was established in 2001 and works to ensure appropriate financial resources exist to protect and expand the opportunities available to persons with mental retardation and
related disabilities. Over time, the Foundation will house an endowment that will fund the operations of The Arc Gateway for the next generation.
Your gift can help secure the future for people served by Arc Gateway. Some of the ways that people choose to support Arc include:
- Gifts of cash are the most common gifts. Some people choose to make one-time donations, while others find it easier to pledge a set amount and make payments over an extended period of time.
Donors may choose to make their gifts online or by electronic fund transfer. Please note: checks should be made payable to the Arc Gateway Foundation.
- Stocks, bonds or other forms of securities which have appreciated value are the next most common form of gift. The tax advantages to the individual make them highly attractive. Money market funds
also make excellent gifts.
- Gifts of real estate are another convenient way to contribute. If you are hesitating to sell some real estate due to potential large capital gains taxes, you may transfer the property to The Arc
Gateway Foundation and derive substantial benefits.
- Life insurance may provide an easy way to make a substantial gift. You may be one of the fortunate people whose life insurance policy has outlived its original purpose. A policy can be assigned
to The Arc Gateway Foundation whether it is paid up, partially paid up or is a new policy.
- Gifts through your will are an excellent form of giving. While current gifts are needed, you are not limited to this form of giving. By making a bequest to The Arc Gateway Foundation in your
will, you can help ensure the future of state-of-the-art services at The Arc Gateway. Or, you may consider leaving your assets in Trust, assigning the income to one or two beneficiaries and the Trust
principal to the Arc Gateway Foundation.
- Other forms of giving include life income plans and trusts, family business gifts and commemorative or memorial. There are a variety of plans, which can bring immediate benefits to you. We urge
you to consult your own legal or financial counsel to determine which plan is best for you. With proper planning you'll receive the maximum benefits for your objectives, while supporting The Arc
Gateway at the same time.
Your support will help secure The Arc Gateway’s financial future! Thank you.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Development and Fundraising
850-434-2638 x 1105